10 January 2013

HOW I AM AMPING UP MY POSITIVE VIBES IN 2013



To ensure I absolutely squeeze the very best out of 2013, I have been working to create and implement some beautiful new practices to support me this year.

It is so important to have strong foundations to build big dreams on, and this is all about setting yourself up for success. There have been times in my life where I have felt this energetic rush at the start of a new year and have felt uber motivated and unwaveringly committed to my intentions. Then, as the year goes on I find myself slipping. Life gets in the way. I get carried away in the current of to do list's and obligations and my beautiful, shiny new vision goes out the window.

So, this year I am starting it off right. Here is a little sneak peak in to what I have been doing over the past few weeks to get myself ready for a deliciously juicy 2013.


VISIONING

Back in 2012, I shared in this post about the work I was doing dreaming + scheming for 2013. And it has been such a glorious process. I have been journalling, visualising, planning and fantasising. One of my favourite parts has been creating my vision board.

While I had plenty of lists about what I want to achieve in 2013, I wanted my vision board to be all about feeling. I wanted it to almost radiate a certain energy and to cause my whole body to vibrate with happiness when I looked at it. And I can tell you now, I have acheived just that. Everytime I look at it, it brings a big fat beaming smile to my face. Yay!





PHYSICAL CLEANSING

My ability to get the most out of my day and be my very best self can be really affected by how I feel physically which is why I place such an emphasis on clean, healthy eating. This year it is going to be incredibly important for me to eat in a way that keeps me nourished, balanced, energised and grounded. 

I mentioned in this video that it was my intention to get myself un-hooked from caffeine and sugar. Rather than trying to go cold turkey (as this doesn't really work for me and consequently leaves me feeling like a total failure) I decided to just gradually ween myself off it through December. 

Over the past month, I have successfully got myself off coffee, eliminated my soy chai addiction and have now replaced all of the above with delicious raw chocolate smoothies! Since doing this I have discovered that I am even really sensitive to the low levels of caffeine in raw cacao powder so I am limiting my chocolate smoothies to once a day and only in the mornings. 

I have also kicked sugar to the curb, totally amped up my intake of green smoothies and have added in a wider variety of fresh leafy greens and other veggies. 

As a result I feel more clear headed, calmer, more balanced and more naturally energised. It is awesome.



above: my raw cacao smoothie



above: my greens + beet juice


TRANSFORMING FEAR

It is impossible to build love-filled dreams on fear-driven thoughts. I have been making a strong commitment to myself this year to clear out any lingering bits of negative, fearful and disempowering thinking.

I have been surrounding myself with positivity. I have affirmations stuck to my computer monitor, post it notes on my glass shower screen and Shakti Gawain's meditations on my ipod. I have been taking time each day to connect. To turn inwards and listen to the voice of love. 

I have been applying what Gabrielle Berstein calls the miracle mindset, where a miracle is defined as quite literally a shift in perception. Wherever I encounter fear, I have been working to cleanse it by asking "how can I shift my perspective around this?" and "how can I see this situation with love?"

And, I have been applying this teaching below. 2013 is not so much about changing the world around me, but more so about changing the way I see it, and the way I see myself. And when you do this, the whole world around you will naturally shift as a result.




So gorgeous people, they are 3 super powerful ways I am amping up my positive vibes for 2013.

What have you been doing in the first week of the year to ensure you are setting yourself up for a magical + positive 2013?


Image 1 Source // Image 2 + 3 +3 my own // Image 5 Source


20 comments:

  1. Totally digging on your vision board Connie! My own is still a work in progress. But I'm ok with that. The first week of the year I've been dedicating to DOING. I made a small list of things that I wanted to achieve which involved action and so far so good. Doing the small stuff is what's going to create a successful year ahead - at least that's the resounding message I'm getting from my meditations right now. This year is all about implementing all the ground work from last year one baby step at a time, and taking conscious efforts to go from amateur to pro in all areas of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beautiful Jen, I think it is all about little baby action steps each day that then build up over time. I love the concept of going from amateur to pro. I am definitely feeling you on that one! xx

      Delete
  2. Love your vision board Connie!! Congrats on kicking the sugar habit as well. I'm sure your body is thanking you for it, and feeling much better thanks to those wonderful vibrant juices!!

    I am also super into vision boarding at the beginning of each year, and I recently posted mine on my blog here: wp.me/p1Y0xO-4nm . I usually divide my boards into various categories - fitness, nutrition, spirit/soul, financial, career, and relationships.

    This year, some of my biggest focuses are to find ways to de-stress and use them regularly, to eat as mindfully as possible (an ongoing quest!) and to run a sub 1:30 half marathon. I know that last one is totally different from the more relaxing and holistic nature of the other 2 but I'm only 3 minutes off so I want to crack that 1:30!

    I also recently created a calendar for myself and my blog readers which features a small healthy change each day. I've encouraged them to download it and send me photos of themselves taking these small steps to improve their health and wellbeing. Every photo they send is an entry into a giveaway at the end of the month, and so far it's been going great! Seeing their fantastic photos also inspires me to be my best as well, so I suppose it works both ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, I just had a little look at your vision board. Wow it is jam packed full of inspirational goodness. Looks like your 2013 is going to be awesome. I love that you are encouraging your readers to share with you the healthy changes they are making in their life! Being held accountable is extremely powerful! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Connie,

    I don´t know if you remember me. I am Mimi from Germany and we met on CCOR...back in the days...;) I have been reading your blog since day 1! :) It is just so amazing to see how much you accomplished and to see how you make your dreams come true. AM-A-ZING :)
    I also still enjoy my vision boards, but for me everything changed since reading "The Course in Miracles". So Funny, I also "found" it through Gabby Bernstein and then Marianne Williamson...inspiring women!

    I think of this every day, that it is my decision, my perception how I see my life. To open up and not being scared , yes, it is miraculous...

    Wishing you all the best for 2013. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi,

      Of course I remember you beautiful! And yes that was all those months ago when my blog was just a baby. It is wonderful to look back and see how much has changed :) It is so awesome that A Course in Miracles has made such a change in your life. I LOVE Gabby B and Marianne, but I am yet to tackle the big ACIM book, but ill get there!

      Wising you a magical and miracle-filled 2013 xx

      Delete
  4. This week is all about building solid foundations and strong intentions. Organising my diary, creating goals, researching, planting seeds, establishing a faith in myself that I never knew I had, finding my themes for the year. And creating my own vision board :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Belinda. I too have been doing stacks of organising and feels really good to start the year off in this way. I love when you say 'establishing faith in myself that I never knew I had" - that one is my favourite!! xx

      Delete
  5. PS raw cacao smoothie recipe, pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belinda, if I have one before the gym at 6am it is kind of boring as I am not that hungry - it is just almond milk, ice, raw cacao powder, maca powder and raw vegan organic vanilla protein powder. But if I want to yummify it, I add frozen banana, almonds and some coconut. So good!!! xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Connie,

    What a great blog post.

    It is so important to have strong foundations to build big dreams on.....
    That is so true also that life get's in the way. It is getting in my way right now. My job is really hectic at the moment and I feel myself getting pulled in and I don't want that anymore.
    I want to have that strong foundations so I can build my big dreams. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabrina, I think it is really important to notice what things in our life fill us up and make us feel really good, and what other things drain us and take us away from what we love to do. We need to be willing to let go of what is not serving us so we can build strong loving foundations for our dreams. Wishing you a bliss-filled 2013 xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Connie,

    I've always wanted to create a vision board, but I've just not been inspired enough to do it. It is comforting to see yours though. I had a friend who once created one in the form of a bookmark and I thought that was interesting too.

    As for your juices, what kind of juicers do you use? I used one one time (I can't remember the name of it) but it was very messy and eventually broke because of the fruit. When I returned it to the company for a replacement, they never sent me one and I can't get anyone from there to help me! Do you have any recommendations for a nice, quality juicer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, I totally underestimated how inspiring creating a vision board would be!! I did the whole thing in about 10 minutes and I really tried to stop myself from wanting to make it perfect. Instead I just allowed myself to really enjoy it and follow my inspiration. As a result I created something I absolutely love!!

      I use a hurom cold press juicer. I really recommend a good quality juicer that is super tough. I put all kinds of things through mine like beetroot, kale and carrot and you need something that can handle all of that!! The hurom is great! xx

      Delete
  8. Connie, I love this post and the steps you have taken. I am totally by your side with the kicking caffeine and sugar off the consumption list, I feel so alive without it.
    I feel like so many of us have such a clear vision about 2013, there is an amazing energy floating around the blogosphere with big goals and fresh ways of living.
    For me this year is about my action list. Every single day, even if only 20 minutes, I need to take steps towards my goals and do something that will aid my growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monika I love what you say about taking a step towards your goals each and every day. That is why I started this blog a life of perfect days - it was all about taking little steps each day that each day would culminate over time to the manifestation of my bigger outcome. This is definitely the key to success. I have no doubt that 2013 is going to be fabulous for you. Big hugs xx

      Delete
  9. Hi there!

    I love this post and this is the best thing to read on a Friday morning! The energy is great and I'm going to make myself a vision board right tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay gorgeous lady! Creating a vision board was one of the most inspiring and beautiful things I did for myself. I highly recommend it. Enjoy xx

      Delete
  10. Connie, you're inspiring as usual!! Your vision board is so so so positive!! :) congratz!
    First weeks of this year..mmm..I'm trying to get rid of a terrible little lump I've got on my right wrist..so that I need to cut down on my yoga practice and listen to my inner voice to be able to heal myself..and maybe understand what the universe wants to teach me.
    I'm discovering a new form of meditation (I've always practised Osho meditation so far but I feel like trying something new)...and...I'm declaring all my new dreams for this juicy new year!!
    Moreover, I'm trying to forgive myself for all the sorrow I've experienced because of my past relationship...let's try to move on a little!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your three practices for the start of this year - listening to your inner voice, meditation and forgiveness. Wow, they are 3 of the most powerful practices on the planet! You are definitely setting yourself up for an amazing year. I hope it all unfolds beautifully for you xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...