This year, maybe you do not need to set huge lofty goals, but just commit to make some small shifts in your day to day life. This is what a life of perfect days is all about - what you can do today to make a difference in your life.
If each day you took one small step to change the way you were thinking, being or acting, it would add up over the course of the year to some significant life-altering change.
My tips are not so much about changing what is around you, but rather shifting what is inside you. That is where true change starts, and this is where you will make the most progress in creating a beautiful, happy and successful year.
HAPPINESS TIPS FOR THE NEW YEAR
- Focus on what you do want, and do not let your mind dwell on or worry about the things you do not want
- Put love in to all that you do (even if it is something as mediocre as washing the dishes)
- Boost your self esteem by continuously recognising and acknowledging what you have done, how far you have come, what you have achieved, what you have acquired, what your strengths are, what is good about you, and what awesome things you have created in your life
- Put a note on your mirror that says you are beautiful and read it daily
- Develop a spiritual practice even if it is as simple as lighting a candle and sitting for 5 minutes just focusing on your breathe
- Believe in your Self and the Universe's ability to bring you whatever you want
- Choose thoughts of love over fear
- Do what makes your heart sing regardless of what anyone else thinks
- Be emotionally intelligent and use your feelings as an indicator to help inform you if what you are thinking is good for you
- Want from a place of joy and excitement rather than from a place of need and lack
- Follow your heart and not your head
- In a time of challenge, ask for guidance and see what you receive
- Ask yourself why you want something. What we really want in life is the feeling something will give us, rather than the actual thing. See if you can find ways to feel that feeling now without having to wait for the external thing to come
- Love unconditionally, wholeheartedly and passionately
- Appreciate and acknowledge what you do have
- Think of something you have always wanted to do, because you know it would bring you so much joy, and this year commit to doing it
- Live like the creator of life that you are. You are not a victim and life does not happen to you. You create your destiny
- Accept and love the now rather than trying to change it, avoid it or disconnect from it
- Choose food to eat because you love your body and you want to take care of it. Think about whether what you put in your mouth nourishes and supports you or depletes and toxifies you
- Control your inner state through intention, rather than letting yourself be triggered and controlled by outside events
- Create a compelling, powerful and clear inner vision of what you desire for yourself and your life, and let nothing distract you
- Live each day as if you already have everything you desire and as if you are already everything you wish to be
- Watch your words as they create your world. Stop complaining and criticising as this will only bring you more of what you do not like and want
- Do less. Be more
- Treat nature, the environment and animals with respect, love and gratitude as they sustain your existence on this planet
- Live authentically and with integrity
- Learn to listen to your intuition. The more you listen and follow it, the louder and clearer it will become
- Believe you are worthy of having what you want. Unless you have self worth, you will lose and sabotage anything good that comes to you
- See everything that happens as a learning experience. Even if you feel like you have failed at something, resist the temptation to throw a pity party and sit around beating up on your self. Instead ask yourself what can I learn from this? Commit to getting the learning and making the change, and you will not have to repeat the lesson!